Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Have A Dream About A Dream

I have a dream today. I have a dream that brothers and sisters would recognize who gave them what they have today. I have a dream that brothers and sisters would look back and be reminded of who gave them the help up a wall that seemed to never come down in equality. I have a dream that people would recognize who gave them the opportunities and freedoms today. I have a dream that people would not forget a King that sacrificed himself for the betterment of his people. I have a dream that the people would take heed into what the King wanted us to do with our freedoms. I have a dream that people would look back and respect a King's journey to giving his brothers and sisters what they needed to live a better life. I have a dream that college students that dont look like the majority of people thank a King that gave them the opportunity to enroll in a top notch university. I have a dream that stereotypical drug dealers look back at a King that gave them better avenues to take than settle for what their society is giving them as a "form" of equality. I have a dream that stereotypes were made to be broken, not conformed to. I have a dream that dreams were meant to happen, not to be forgotten.

If you read this and really think you are thankful for what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. did for you to be where you are today and have the opportunities you live with today, good. If you sit and wonder why I have a dream about a dream about some guy half a century ago that was a leader for civil rights, and share  his skin, you have clearly lost appreciation for what many of your skin died for in the past and are not worthy of the joys you appreciate today because of what they sacrificed for you to be where you are today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can find many styles of pumps including Christian Louboutin glitter pumps, Christian Louboutin glitter peep toe and so on in Christian Louboutin boutique.
Christian Louboutin 12CM Sky Blue Spike Leather Pointed Pumps
Christian Louboutin 12cm White Patent Leather Heart pointed pumps
Christian Louboutin 12CM White Patent Leather Pointed Pumps