Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Savior, A Titan, A Short Lived Uplifter: Martin Luther King Jr.



MLK was a great man. This things he did to change this nation, the people he has influenced, and the future he created through his actions as a leader hold dear to many people's hearts. I have a great amount of respect for this individual because I would definitely not be in the position I am today. Of course, eventually down the road another character like MLK would have came up and found justice. But, what is important is that MLK was strong enough to take on his role as a leader and lead a nation of forced immigrants to a better way of life. If he was still around today, that would definitely be somebody I would want to meet and speak with. I would really like to get to know the true him and not what media and other forms of history display him as because I enjoy making my own judgements about people without having a bias with it. Of course of course, judgments are not good because they should only be left for the true being upstairs. But in reality, who doesnt judge each other?

Indirectly and directly, it happens without us knowing. For example, you see a bum walking down the street, whats the first thing that comes to your mind? Exactly, the fact something comes to mind when you see a bum is you directly/indirectly judging the bum. You dont mean to do it but it just happens. If somebody sees a bum walking down the street asking for change and thinks nothing of it I have pure love for you and I would like YOU to teach me how you do that.

But all in all, I cannot thank this man enough for leading what he did. I am currently getting a very beneficial education at a university I probably would not have been able to attend it previous events did not occur (MLK, JFK, Affirmative Action, Brown Vs. Board of Education, etc.). All of these occurences are what gave me the path of enlightenment I have today and I cannot thank them enough for it. I can never thank god for putting people in this earth that were able to make drastic change in the way they were able to.

No comments: